Here are some recommendations (I preordered all of them) from this month’s Previews catalog for product shipping mostly in March.
- Decorum from Jonathan Hickman and Mike Huddleston not only looks great, it sounds intriguing as well.
- I’ve heard various people talking positively about Coffin Bound by Dan Watters and Dani, so I decided to get the trade.
- I liked the plot of Trees by Warren Ellis and Jason Howard, but it was the humanity of the story that surprised and delighted me. I’m looking forward to the conclusion.
- I love Mike Allred’s style, and his and Laura Allred’s new mini series, X-Ray Robot, looks like it may be a lot of fun.
- Justin Giampaoli and Andrea Mutti piqued my curiosity with their Starship Down mini. Did life on Earth come from beyond the stars?
- How can I resist a comic book with a man holding a fish balloon? Well, I can’t, so I’m getting King of Nowhere by W. Maxwell Prince and Tyler Jenkins.
- It was the interior art preview pages that grabbed my attention for Artemis and the Assassin by Stephanie Phillips, Meghan Hetrick, Francesca Fantini, Lauren Affe, and Troy Peteri. But then you throw in time traveling assassins and you got me hooked.
- Apparently I’m on a kick about stories set in a future, because I also preordered Join the Future by Zack Kaplan, Piotr Kowalski, Brad Simpson, and Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou.
- Ok, I’m starting to think I have a thing for time travel (or Aftershock does), because Knights Temporal also features a time traveler. This is by Cullen Bunn, Fran Galan, and Dave Sharpe.
- I tend to shy away from fantasy stories, but Kurtis Weibe and Justin Osterling’s Dryad hooked me. It sounds like a Saga rip-off, but just different enough for me to give it a try.
- Moneyshot had my attention when it was first solicited, but I decided to wait for the trade. This unusual concept is from Tim Seeley, Sarah Beattie, Rebekah Isaacs, Kurt Michael Russell, and Crank!
- Given how much a fan I am of Robin, I cannot pass up this 80th anniversary celebration of the first sidekick and savior of the Batman comics.
- I opted for the Doc Shaner cover of Strange Adventures by Tom King, Mitch Gerads, and Doc. What about you?
- Who doesn’t love to smash the Klan? Superman is no exception in Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang and Gurihiru.
- I’ve been on a Bronze Age kick lately and this DC First Issue Special hardcover I hope will help scratch that itch.
- I’ve heard from several people that the Wonder Comics book Young Justice by Brian Michael Bendis, Emanuela Lupacchino, Viktor Bogdanovic, John Timms, Evan Shaner, and Kris Anka is pretty good, so I thought I better check it out.
- Despite my annoyance that I cannot read this trade until Marvel releases the House of X/Power of X trades, I still ordered X-Men by Jonathan Hickman, R. B. Silva, and Matteo Buffagni.
- Similarly, I ordered the Daredevil volume 3 trade by Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto despite forgetting to order volume 2 (but I will).
What are you ordering this month?