Happy New Comics Wednesday!
Go here for a complete list of comics releasing this week.
- LUCIFER TP VOL 02 THE DIVINE TRAGEDY – The previous volume of the series was soooo good and I thought this would pale in comparison, but I was pleasantly surprised by the first trade.
- SUPERMAN #19 – Not sure yet how I feel about the new status quo regarding Superman’s secret identity…
- WONDER WOMAN #750 1980S VAR ED – Pick of the week! – I love landmark issues, and Wonder Woman deserves some spotlight. Of course I picked up the George Perez variant edition — why do you ask?
- AGENTS OF ATLAS COMPLETE COLLECTION TP VOL 02 – The first collection was one of my favorite things I read in 2018, so I hope this is just as good.
- INVISIBLE WOMAN TP – I love Sue Storm/Richards, and she’s being written by Mark Waid, so getting this was an easy choice.
Not much in my pull this week (which is probably a good thing).
- HUNTRESS ORIGINS TP – If you’re a fan of Helena Wayne as Huntress, here’s your chance to read her solo stories.
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1 – I have to admit, I was curious what Donny Cates was going to do with these characters.
- VALKYRIE JANE FOSTER TP VOL 01 – Do yourself a favor and get this trade, especially if you were a fan of the Jason Aaron written Thor/Lady Thor books.
- A LETTER TO JO TP – I definitely will read this epistolary war comic one day.
- CATHERINE’S WAR GN – I almost pulled the trigger on this, it looks like something I would enjoy very much.
Best comic I read recently
GRAVEYARD SHIFT TP by Jay Faerber and Fran Bueno
I usually steer clear of comic books featuring vampires — they’ve been done to death (like zombies)! But I love Jay Faerber’s comic book stories. Comixology had this on sale, so I snatched it up (along with some other of his books). There are many familiar tropes in this, but the charm of the characters keep it interesting. Bueno’s visuals aren’t consistently the best, but there are times when the characters (especially the female lead) shine of the page.
What are you getting this week?