Direct Download (4:13:39)
It’s episode 100! YAYYY! I delve into the past, present, and future of the show and comics in general with some very special guests. Along the way, I talk about Amazing Spider-Man #187, John Constantine, Hellblazer #100, and DC Universe Rebirth #1.
Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, chat with me @longboxreview on Twitter, or visit longboxreview.com. Please subscribe, rate, and review the show via iTunes.
Thanks for listening!
- If you want to send in your responses to the questions that Sean and I answered in the episode, those questions are here: http://wp.me/pZkAx-1uM
- George and Tony Entertainment Show: http://www.relmnetwork.com/#!gatent/c5ik
- Damian’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sleepyreader666
- Peter’s website: http://thedailyrios.com/
- Travis’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/oddfellowsthoughts
I like your advice to the Comic Book companies. Telling stories is, after all, the core of comics, so that should be treasured by the editorial powers that be.
Events can be good stories…but they need to be organic and not interrupting all the other organically growing stories…which is inherently tricky.
Agreed regarding events can be good. Why aren’t they allowed to organically develop though?
Marvel did indeed do a godzilla comic, which was basically about Shield chasing after him, with Dum Dum as the main Shield officer in charge.
That is one of the things I loved about reading Marvel comics back then: how connected the comics were to one another.