Here are the comics that I’m getting from this week:
- BATGIRL ANNUAL #3: Grayson guest stars! I had to get it!
- LAZARUS #18
- SEX CRIMINALS #11
- DAREDEVIL #17: I’m going to miss this run.
- POWERS #4
- THORS #2: This is runner up for Pick of the Week based on how good issue 1 was.
- SCARLETT COUTURE #4: Ugh. If there was a category for Comic I’m Dreading Reading, this would be it. I had such high hopes for this series.
- STAR TREK STARSHIPS FIG MAG #46 ENTERPRISE NCC-1701C
Pick of the Week: Honestly? I’m most looking forward to getting that Star Trek magazine and the Enterprice-C figure. Besides the refit Enterprise (and Enterprise-A), the C version is my favorite design, and one that we didn’t see enough in Next Gen and the movies.
Best Cover: Sex Criminals #11 by Chip Zdarsky. If you haven’t caught on, I seem to be drawn to colors and shapes on comic book covers. Yes, all covers have colors and shapes, but I’m referring to things like this cover, where there are few defining characteristics and yet, those simple colors and shapes work to convey an idea. There is a reason for the old adage “less is more”.
Here’s a list of new comics for this week. What are you buying?
PS: This is the final New Comics Wednesday post for the foreseeable future. Not that many people read the blog as it is, and these posts get the least amount of traffic. If you really like these posts, let me know, and I may be persuaded to bring them back. Thanks for reading!