Marvel Comics has officially released the creative teams on their post-Secret Wars books (45 in all) coming in October (I won’t get into the comments that some at Marvel made when DC did the same thing a few years ago–let’s just focus on the product). Here are the list of books that grabbed my attention:
- Ultimates #1 by Al Ewing & Kenneth Rocafort: I like the characters in this line up, and Al Ewing did a bang up job on Mighty Avengers, but I’m not a big fan of Rocafort’s art. I’ll want to know more about the premise of the book before deciding to get it.
- Daredevil #1 by Charles Soule & Ron Garney: It’s DD written by Mr. Soule, so I am predisposed to getting it.
- Spider-Man #1 by Brian Michael Bendis & Sara Pichelli: After reading the Spider-Men miniseries and the first issue of Miles’s comic, I want to know more about this guy. Plus, Sara Pichelli’s art doesn’t hurt. It’s also interesting that I am more interested in the spin-off spider characters than I am the original guy.
- Ms. Marvel #1 by G. Willow Wilson, Takeshi Miyazawa, & Adrian Alphona: Ok, I missed out on the previous volume of this reportedly fantastic series, so I’ll try this new volume out.
- Squadron Supreme #1 by James Robinson & Leonard Kirk (with Alex Ross covers): I love the characters, and when James Robinson is on, he’s so very good. I’ve also seen some character designs from Kirk that look pretty nice.
- The Mighty Thor #1 by Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman: Umm, no brainer. Best Marvel comic being published since Aaron took over the character. Buy it!
- Vision #1 by Tom King & Gabriel H. Walta: One of my favorite Marvel characters written by Grayson‘s writer? Ok.
- All-New All-Different Avengers #1 by Mark Waid, Adam Kubert, & Mahmud Asrar: It’s Mark Waid, plus a few of my favorite Marvel characters on the team. Not crazy about Kubert’s involvement, but I’ll try it out.
- Web Warriors #1 by Mike Costa & David Baldeon: Just the idea of a bunch of multiversal spider characters teaming up sounds like fun, plus the cover shows Spider-Girl and I love her. I probably won’t get it, however.
- Amazing Spider-Man #1 by Dan Slott & Giuseppe Camuncoli (with covers by Alex Ross): I only wanted to mention this because of that funky spider emblem. What is up with that?
- Illuminati #1 by Josh Williamson & Shawn Crystal: I just love the idea of the Illuminati in the Marvel Universe, but I need to know more about this book.
- New Avengers #1: by Al Ewing & Gerardo Sandoval: Only interested because of Mr. Ewing, but the characters don’t have enough of a pull for me.
- Doctor Strange #1 by Jason Aaron & Chris Bachalo: I have zero interest in Dr. Strange, but Mr. Aaron is writing it ….
Wow, that’s probably 8 new books I’ll be adding to my pull list come October. What about you? What all-new, all-different Marvel books are you interested in?