Happy New Comics Wednesday! Here are the comics that I’ll be getting from this week, some other recommendations, and some recent news bits.
New Comics from this week
- ALL-NEW INVADERS #1: I’m mostly just curious about this book. I have fond memories of the Bronze Age Invaders title.
- ALL-NEW X-MEN #22
- AVENGERS #25
- AVENGERS WORLD #2
- BACK ISSUE #70: Hulk in the Bronze Age.
- BATMAN #27
- BATMAN AND TWO FACE #27
- BATWOMAN #27
- BEDLAM #11: My last issue. I should have stopped after the first arc because the second one didn’t really do anything for me.
- BLACK WIDOW #2
- HAWKEYE #16: This gets my nod for co-favorite cover, and is my pick of the week.
- JUSTICE LEAGUE #27
- LEGENDS OF RED SONJA #3
- MIGHTY AVENGERS #5: Dig the cover. Not sure about this series yet.
- UNWRITTEN: APOCALYPSE #1: I’m uncertain as to why they decided to do it this way, but the Unwritten story continues in this “volume 2”.
- WONDER WOMAN #27
Go here for a complete list of comics releasing this week.
For Your Consideration
- PLANETARY OMNIBUS: I did not order this, but boy howdy did I want to. This is going on my next Christmas/birthday lists for sure, even though I own all of the tpbs. I love this series from start to finish.
- OUTLAND, the COMPLETE LIBRARY by BERKELEY BREATHED HC: Man, I loved Bloom County back in the day, and while Outland was good, it wasn’t quite the same as BC. Still, if you like Mr. Breathed and wanted everything Outland, here ya go.
Holy cats is there some big news out in this last week!
- The sequel to Man of Steel is now to be released in 2016. I don’t know if that’s good or bad, but I thought a 2015 release date might have been pushing it and affecting (ahem) the quality.
- Last week I pointed out that Wally West was returning to the DCU, now Ted Kord will be back as well, starting in Forever Evil #7. Will he be Blue Beetle again? If so, what about Jaime Reyes? I think it would be kind of cool if Kord’s Blue Beetle was inspired (in continuity) by Jaime’s Blue Beetle. But really, I’d just prefer it if Jaime was the only Blue Beetle.
- DC is ending six books come April:
- Superman Unchained: I must have been living under a rock because this came as a surprise to me. It appears that Snyder and Lee have too many things on their collective plates. It kind of bothers me that if this was the plan all along, why not package it as a limited series, or was DC afraid that it wouldn’t sell as well for some reason? I guess it really doesn’t matter–it’s one less book I will have to buy.
- Teen Titans: No surprise there, and good riddance, I say (though it pains me to say it!).
- Suicide Squad: This was one of the big surprises to me when the New 52 launched. I didn’t think I’d like it, but I wanted something like Secret Six. Still I dropped it after #19.
- Stormwatch: I didn’t get beyond the first six issues.
- Justice League of America: So, Justice League Canada (now United) was supposed to replace JLA after the events of Forever Evil. Not surprising since this book never had any solid footing with its premise.
- Nightwing: I am very anxious about what’s going to happen to my favorite former sidekick post-Forever Evil. But I have to admit, this New 52 series never really caught on with me, and I almost dropped it before now, except I wanted to see what DC was going to do with Dick Grayson in his own book with the reveal of his identity in Forever Evil.