Best series being published right now.
Yeah, I’m gonna have to take a pass on this one. I can’t pick just one, and besides, nothing I’m reading right now just screams “This is the best title evar!!!”. Now, had you asked me that six months ago, my answer would have been easy: Batgirl by Bryan Q. Miller, Lee Garbett, and Trevor Scott.
There are some titles that I read every month that are entertaining me more than most right now (in sort of an order):
- Justice League: Geoff Johns and Jim Lee working with DC’s big guys? It’s great fun and it looks good, too.
- Demon Knights: Paul Cornell is having the time of his life with these characters and it’s infectious.
- Daredevil: Mark Waid’s interpretation of the post-Bendis, post-Brubaker DD/Matt Murdock is so right for the character currently. It’s the best kind of accessible superhero action/adventure.
- Action Comics: This revision to the Superman origin by Grant Morrison knocked my socks off starting with issue one. It got me excited about the character again, and is a worthy successor to John Byrne’s reboot post-Crisis.
- Aquaman: More great storytelling from Geoff Johns, but it’s the Ivan Reis art that is blowing me away.
- Batwoman: Mostly for the J. H. Williams III art and design.
- New Avengers: Bendis’s best Avengers book. I love that mix of characters.
- Powers: When it comes out, it’s always a great read.
- Unwritten: Always engaging and I love the meta aspect of it (a story about stories).
One thought on “Day 8 (30 Day Comic Book Challenge)”