Wow, this final week of DC’s new 52 number ones is really, potentially awesome.
- Aquaman #1: Yes! Finally I get to read this! Geoff Johns made this character cool again in Brightest Day, so I cannot wait to see the focus totally on the Sea King and his wife.
- FF #9
- Fury of Firestorm, the Nuclear Men #1: Hereafter simply referred to as Firestorm.
- Justice League Dark #1: Lousy title, but potentially a good one.
- Mighty Thor #6: My last issue. It was fun, but nothing that special there. Plus, Thor is going away as the Thunder God in issue 8? Pass.
- New Avengers #16.1: I really hate the idea of these point issues, but I enjoy this comic.
- Savage Hawkman #1: Another now referred to as, in this case just Hawkman.
- Sixth Gun #15
- Superman #1: Really looking forward to this.
- Teen Titans #1
- Voodoo #1: Will this cause more controversy, similar to Catwoman & Starfire?
Also out today, if you like this sort of thing, is Brian Michael Bendis’ & Mark Bagley’s Brilliant. I liked the concept, but cannot bring myself to commit to Bagley’s art long term.
My god, there was an awful lot of complaints about the depiction of Catwoman and Starfire in their respective titles. I too thought the ending to Catwoman was unnecessary. I don’t think comics need to be prudish, but that was over the top. I haven’t read Red Hood & the Outlaws yet, so I can’t comment on that. Plus, I hear that Voodoo may cause some more hubbub this week as well.
Finally, Oddfellow and I spent several hours on Sunday recording for a couple new forthcoming LBR podcasts. If you want to know what we think of the first two week’s worth of DC’s new 52, then you’ll love these next couple of episodes! :)