Here’s a look at what interested me while looking at this month’s Previews catalog for stuff shipping in August.
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #13 looks like fun. When was the last time you heard Batman referred to as a “frenemy”? Sure, it’s a callback to the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League, but it should be worth a chuckle or two.
- Flashpoint ends, along with everything else.
- The DC Retroactives for the 80s and 90s are shown, but I’m only interested in about half of them.
- Why publish Superman Beyond #0 now? Why not wait until Batman Beyond comes out again after the relaunch?
- Oh, I want this: Showcase Presents: All-Star Comics v. 1. I loved the few 1970s JSA stories that I’ve read.
- DC’s publishing a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen omnibus in hardcover.
- I love the cover to Unwritten #28 with its homage to Golden Age superhero comic covers.
- I don’t get the appeal of the Wonder Woman vs. Superman mini statue. It looks nice enough, but why that pose?
- Ok, I’m a sucker for Spider-Woman, even when she’s apparently falling for Hawkeye on the cover of Avengers #16. Way to draw me in, Marvel.
- I hear that Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt is pretty good (#4 is solicited). Should I try to get the first three issues?
- I don’t care about the Ultimates line, but that cover image by Kaare Andrews of Hawkeye is bad-ass, and the mini is written by Jonathan Hickman.
- Also don’t care about the Spider-Man event, but at least it’s giving me a Spider-Girl mini.
- The next CrossGen title, Mystic, is coming out. I know nothing about this title, so it will be a journey.
- Wow, the FF are showing up everywhere in the Marvel U.
- The X-Statix harcover omnibus is solicited. All I’ve ever heard about this title was good things, so I may pick this up in trade.
- Speaking of Spider-Girl, Marvel is offering her latest series in trade. You should check it out.
- God, I would love to know the sales numbers for the Shadowland trade. I heard this mini stunk.
- I can’t decide whose penciled mouths I hate more: Gary Frank’s or Rob Liefeld’s (as shown in the new series The Infinite, written by Robert Kirkman). I know I like Liefeld’s art less in general.
- Severed looks interesting, but I’m not sure what it’s about—oh, wait, it’s written by Scott Snyder, so that makes sense (that one’s for you Oddfellow). ;)
- Finally! The Halcyon trade is being published. Now I can read what everyone has been clamoring about.
- Hmm, I see that with issue 5’s solicitation that Green Wake is now an ongoing series. I wish I could find issue one so that I could actually read this interesting sounding series.
- Dark Horse is soliciting the first issue of the new Angel & Faith series, starting where Buffy Season 8 ended. I’ll be getting this.
- IDW is starting a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ongoing.
- Also from IDW is a hardcover of illustrated stories and “The Raven” by Edgar Allen Poe, with the art done by Sam Keith.
- I see that the Moon Lake v.1 trade is being reissued, one month after the whole series trade was solicited.
- After I read the solicitation for Multiplex (Chase Sequence), I want to go read the webcomic.
- Kevin Smith does The Bionic Man (from Dynamite Entertainment), though Phil Hester offers some respectability as cowriter. I loved the Six Million Dollar Man tv show as a kid, but not enough to read a comic about it.
- Also form Dynamite, is the tie-in Warehouse 13. I wanted to watch this show from Scyfy but never got around to it. Still not reading this.
- God, I am sick of zombies in comics.
- I never read the original Justice Machine, but I always wanted to. Now, Moonstone is publishing a new comic that intrigues me.
- Oh, Moon Girl (Red 5 Comics) was a mini? Then I can get the trade!
- Twomorrows is publishing the Blue Beetle Companion.
- The Thor Halloween costumes look pretty cool (as does the Wonder Woman ame-comi one—yowza!).
- God, I really want that sonic screwdriver replica.
- And that TARDIS lunchbox is so cute! Think of all the fish custard you could store in it!