I got so wrapped up playing Batman: Arkham Asylum I forgot to write this post last night. With only 3 hours sleep, here’s what I’ll be buying this week.
- Brightest Day #8
- DC Universe: Legacies #4
I finally listened to all the DC Comics podcasts from the San Diego Comic-Con. Here’s some things I learned:
- Geoff Johns is cool. He’s the kind of guy you’d love to hang around with and talk about comics. He just gets it.
- Grant Morrison is awesome. And crazy. And crazy awesome.
- It’s amazing how many of the same fans asked questions at these various panels. And sometimes the same questions. I swear the same four guys were at nearly every panel I listened to.
- I am now going to start reading Teen Titans again based on what J.T. Krull and Nicola Scott said about their work on it. They seemed very excited and passionate about the title. Plus, I was this close to start reading Justice Society of America again because of the way Marc Guggenheim spoke about what’s coming up.
- Thomas Jane is a dick, or at least he sounded like one during the DC animation panel. He said several times that the thing he liked most about playing Jonah Hex in the animated short (on the Batman: The Red Hood DVD) was that Jonah got to hit a woman. I hope he was joking and maybe I’m missing the context here by not seeing how he said it. Regardless, it’s not something anyone should joke about or think is funny.
I’m looking forward to what DC throws my way in the coming year.